November 15, 2017

Emergency Downgrade to Firefox 56

rewind firefox

Firefox 57 is out!!! Oh sh*t, half my plugins are gone and i can’t work!
I had previously automated daily firefox upgrades on my Debian 9 with a root cronjob:

@daily cd /home/USERNAME/Downloads && /usr/bin/curl -L -o firefox-latest-linux64.tar.bz2 "https://download.mozilla.org/?product=firefox-latest&os=linux64&lang=en-US" && tar xvf firefox-latest-linux64.tar.bz2 -C /opt/ && rm firefox-latest-linux64.tar.bz2 && ln -sf /opt/firefox/firefox /usr/bin/firefox

Today When i opened my favorite browser, “Hooray, FF 57!” … “CRAP, I can’t get my work done” because half my plugins are not compatible.
Here is the emergency downgrade to 56.0.2:

cd ~/Downloads
curl -L -o firefox-56.0.2.tar.bz2 "https://download.mozilla.org/?product=firefox-56.0.2-ssl&os=linux64&lang=en-US"
sudo tar xvf firefox-56.0.2.tar.bz2 -C /opt/ && sudo ln -sf /opt/firefox/firefox /usr/bin/firefox



~~~
Written with StackEdit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, Suggestions or "Thank you's" Invited! If you have used this info in any way, please comment below and link/link-back to your project (if applicable). Please Share.
I accept Bitcoin tips of ANY amount to: 1GS3XWJCTWU7fnM4vfzerrVAxmnMFnhysL
I accept Litecoin tips of ANY amount to: LTBvVxRdv2Lz9T41UzqNrAVVNw4wz3kKYk